Friday, December 17, 2010

The end of a good thing...

This is my first blog post (ah!!!). I'm joining the bandwagon and becoming a blogger. I never thought I would be in this position but nevertheless, here I am =). I have to confess that I never really have read a blog before. I don’t know the protocol of what is to be said. If you know me, you know I don’t hold back, so I guess this in sum, will be my journal to the world. Many times I come across as being extremely ditzy but once you get to know me you will see a deeper side to me, hence the title of my blog…ditzy but deep.
 I just finished my last test at BYU. It took me two hours, one potty break, and a whole bag of trail mix to finish. It was one of the hardest tests I've taken at BYU. Can anyone guess what it was? Finance? Law? Chemistry? Nope, Book of Mormon. I thought I knew the Book of Mormon pretty well but with 130 questions testing my knowledge of gospel principles I soon discovered I didn’t know the Book of Mormon as well as I thought ;). I read the Book of Mormon every year (my February challenge to read in one month), but re-reading it for my class I still get choked up with the ending. Hugh Nibley poignantly describes why the Book of Mormon is so heart-wrenching, “The tragedy of the Book of Mormon is not what became of the Nephites, but what the Nephites became.” If we lead a parallel life to the Nephites we are definitely not immune to pride (the ultimate source to the downfall of their society). In short to a long first blog ;) I know the Book of Mormon is another testament of Jesus Christ and works with the Bible to proclaim that Jesus is our Savior and Redeemer. Oh, how I love the Book of Mormon, it brings joy to my heart and peace to my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment