Saturday, January 15, 2011

Let me not forget

Trying on Marissa's dress ;).

Marissa's beautiful dress.

Henna at Shanna's baby blessing
I’m here in Jerusalem, Oy vay! There is so much to say and so much I wish I could transplant over to each of you. I will try my best to somehow express my experiences and my pilgrimage to the holy land. Before I left I was with my loved ones and I miss you guys dearly. I will miss my best friend’s wedding and the birth of my other best friend’s baby.  I am in awe with the surroundings of this beautiful land. I thought it would be a lot more…dusty? Haha This though, is the land flowing of milk and honey. It is lush and green with a lot of vegetation. The streets are all made of limestone and the air smells like it did in Greece of citrus and olives. I love the people here. It’s difficult to feel any allegiance to one side of the political turmoil here. I have had more than once the strong conviction that we are all children of God. Highlights of my pilgrimage have been going where the last super was held and singing sacrament hymns, singing and dancing with Jewish girls by the western wall during the Sabbath, singing, He has Risen, my the garden tomb, sitting in class and pointing out the window where all the bible stories took place, seeing the dome of the rock at every point from the city, and feeling the spirit testify to me every day that Jesus is the Christ and Redeemer of the world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment