Tuesday, April 12, 2011

26.2 in JERU!

Okay how cool was it to run a 10k in Jerusalem with their first Marathon?!? One of my top favorite moments is my life. I was truly inspired. When walking early in the morning to the starting line we saw the marathoners running along the major street in West Jerusalem. We went up to the sidelines with our mass BYU student group to cheer them on. There was no one else out, no one there encouraging them. I never saw so many people become revived. The marathoners were probably only on their seventh or eighth mile but you can tell by their faces the weight of having to run nineteen more miles. As we were hooting and hollering shouts of praise the runners starting clapping and jumping with more determination to keep going. Music from some unknown speakers started to blare tunes as we, the students, started dancing and cheering the runners. It was one of the most touching moments seeing the turnover. Inspiration.
Running next to the Muslims who were going to prayer on Friday.
See the Hasidic Jew run next to the runner.
Running in the old city.
Keep on Keepin on.




2 comments:

  1. Love this! Thanks for documenting that wonderful event. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post. And I love that first pic in your last post... the hair, the colors, everything. I bought my ticket for the 25th. Can't wait to see you and thanks again for writing to Coco. She loved your letter!

    ReplyDelete