Friday, April 8, 2011

Merry Christmas

The Herodian Wind was out of control

A.J. Sandwich (A.J to the right is a Palestinian student in
Bethlehem...I absolutely love this kid, so hilarious I called
him the Palestinian version of Kenan & Kel
Bethlehem:House of Bread:  What a wonderful day it was to go over to the west bank into Bethlehem. We started our journey from Jerusalem toward Bethlehem, similarly how Mary and Joseph would have travelled after going through the temple down to Bethlehem. We stopped by the Herodian, King Herod’s palace and tomb. How interesting it was to contrast  how Israel’s king lived in a luxurious and grandiose way compared to the true king of Israel, our savior who lived in a humbly and modestly.
We went to Bethlehem University with our Islam (Palestinian-Christian professor, Dr. Musallam). I loved the students we toured the campus with. We had good discussions with the students who told us how it was to live in the West bank. It is neat to touch base with those of diverse backgrounds and to realize we are all not that different.
The spot of where Christ was born.
  We went to the church of the nativity where supposedly Christ was born. Different church denominations own certain parts, the place where Christ was born is owned by the Greek Orthodox and another section by the Catholics. We sang Christmas songs in the Catholic chapel. The spirit was so strong. There is something about Christmas songs, no matter how overplayed never get old and the Christmas spirit is always felt.
Thee cutest baby lamb I could have held him forever.
We went to a shepherd’s field right as the sun was setting. I will never forget these moment singing O little town of Bethlehem, stars shining, silhouettes of olive trees and sheep baas in the background. I will forever reflect on Christmas what I felt here. I know Jesus came and was born in the town of Bethlehem as prophesied. He is the living bread . I know I can go to him for nourishment in every aspect. I know that He lived, and lives again. He is my savior and Redeemer, I say these things in his holy name, amen




1 comment:

  1. Wow, I am so jealous. What an incredible experience!!!! Looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete